Experienced Leader and Recognized Expert in Design and Technology
Creative Direction ⧫ Visual Design ⧫ Product Life Cycle ⧫ User Experience ⧫ Stakeholder Management ⧫ Product Management ⧫ Organizational Leadership ⧫ Business Development ⧫ Strategic Planning ⧫ Process Redesign ⧫ Product Design ⧫ Production Environments ⧫ Cross-Functional Team Leadership ⧫ Large-Scale Plans and Coordination ⧫ Process Analysis ⧫ Instructional Technology ⧫ Cost Containment ⧫ Process Improvement ⧫ Operational Management
EXPERIENCES AND ACHIEVEMENTS
A+E NETWORKS, New York, NY 2013 – Current
DIRECTOR OF PRODUCT DESIGN AND EXPERIENCE, TECHLAB 2016 – CURRENT
TechLab is the result of building the Strategy and Innovation Team into a recognized value to the Technology Department and to the Business as a whole. We are a tactical solutions team offering a variety of technology products and services to the A+E enterprise. An agile unit within the Technology Department, TechLab operates as an end-to-end resource for brand or business units seeking solutions for: Product Development, Prototypes and Emerging Technologies, User Experience Design, Technology Communication and Advocacy, Research and Development.
As Director of Product Design and Experience and founding member of TechLab, I ensure TechLab delivers technically advanced and creatively enjoyable people-centered products and experiences that met business needs and goals. I collaborate with users and key stakeholders including, executive leadership, leadership peers, technical teams, internal colleagues and vendors – to strategize solutions that exceed expectations and program preferences.
In addition, I am am the Technology Department’s Creative Director; overseeing the department’s marketing, content, communications and branding efforts at A+E Networks.
Director of Product Experience, STRATEGY AND INNOVATION GROUP 2014 – 2016
Collaborate with a variety of key stakeholders including executive leadership, leadership peers, technical teams, vendors and internal colleagues to strategize technical and creative solutions to a problem. Ensure upcoming technical and creative output of our team meets the user experience expectations and project preferences. Oversee the UX/UI, Product Design and Creative, Content and Branding groups from supervising teams to evaluating project progress.
- Promoted to a role of increased responsibility due to track record of demonstrated leadership successes.
- Recognized as a top performer earning prestigious internal team awards including the Cannonball Award for the Most Impactful Project and the Cool Runnings Award for the best run project.
- Spearhead a new product development process, planning product enhancements and feature sets that align to user needs, industry best practices and stakeholder expectations.
Lead UI/UX Designer 2013
Developed the practice of user experience and design thinking within the Technology Department. Began the Consumerization of the A+E enterprise experience. Cultivated strong professional relationships with users and stakeholders. Evaluated and create user stories. Create user flows, comprehensive wireframes and annotated designs, contribute to object mapping and information architecture, create visual and interactive designs, test and iterate – continually improving the user experience and the product.
- Identified pain-points in the current environment, design alternative solutions to that utilized available technology or created comprehensive strategy to develop innovative alternatives.
- Evaluated user stories to create a product design that continually improved upon user expectations.
- Led the Interactive and Visual Design process from UI architecture and interactive flow to branding and site aesthetics.
HEBEW UNION COLLGE, New York, NY 2011 – 2013
Educational Technologist and Instructional Designer
Designed and configured digital student, teacher and course “communities” that effectively communicated course requirements, received and delivered courses assignments and facilitated communications and announcements. Consulted with the eLearning department to identify solutions and prospective opportunities.
- Developed solutions for on-campus IT issues, troubleshooting school-owned computers for students and faculty, and managing media storage and distribution of audio and video.
- Hosted Streaming Cross-Campus Telecommunication courses on college campuses around the globe using Polycom and Adobe Systems technology.
UNION SQUARE IN MOTION, New York, NY 2011 – 2012
Creative Director and Producer
Collaborated on a public intervention project made of two digital linear lenticular zoetropes that utilized an actor’s movements to make still images appear animated. Led the concept development and overall creative direction.
- Managed the logistics and relationships for upcoming construction and installation ensuring smooth and timely delivery.
- Maintained a tight production schedule for a team of creative professionals consisting of animators and developers.
INDEPENDENT CREATIVE TECHNOLOGIST, New York, NY 2011 – 2012
Completed a variety of contract projects for large, established organizations such as the RJW Collective and London Squared projections. Managed freelancers and vendor contracts for industry-leading brands such as Lacoste.
- Developed creative pitches and presentations including prototypes and markups that illustrated prospective concepts.
- Wrote a new workflow manual to better instruct an intern team on how to update and add website content.
VITALART STUDIO, New York, NY 2001 – 2010
Developed artistic and visual content for a variety of mediums including websites, media outlets, mobile phones and print. Influenced the art direction and branding strategies for a large number of local businesses and national corporations.
- Transitioned existing operations from a forensic art non-profit organization to a full-service design, image editing and asset creation business.
- Grew client portfolio by proactively identifying prospective clients and targeting companies with unmet creative needs.
Master of Fine Arts in Design and Technology
Parsons The New School for Design, New York, NY
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Painting and Printmaking
Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, VA
Associate of Arts in Design and Illustration
Tidewater Community College, Virginia Beach, VA
Forensic Arts Training in 2D/3D Craniofacial Reconstruction
Scottsdale Artists’ School, Scottsdale, AZ
Art Education K-12 Teacher Certification
Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA
Savannah College of Art and Design
WORD OF Mouth
“Jeanne is a rare bird. She’s clever, creative, passionate, team focused, honest and truthful about herself and her work. We clicked from the beginning, creating a great synergy between Technology departments, hers creative, ours process. When thinking about her best qualities, one word floats to the surface, dedicated. Dedicated to her team, her work relationships, creating products/designs with high quality, her creativity and ultimately the success of the company. To wrap it up, she’s also a terrific person who is kind and compassionate. I’m definitely one of her biggest fans.”
Joseph Stuczynski, PMP, CSM | Director PMO May 27, 2015
“Jeanne is an innovative designer and possesses the rare combination of being both deeply artistic and a big-picture thinker. Her ideas are exciting and unconventional, her sensibility is refined and sophisticated … and as a lucky strike extra, she is mature, professional and an excellent communicator. I have no doubt that she has a killer career ahead of her.”
Carolyn London, Director of Creative Concepts at Nickelodeon and Writer and Director at London Squared Productions, LLC October 12, 2011
“An extremely creative artist, Jeanne is also a very grounded administrator. Jeanne can take charge of any situation. She is constantly upgrading her skills and takes real joy in learning. Jeanne sees a need and then fills it, a great person to have on your team.”
Chuck Dondero, Production Manager, Backbone NYC April 29, 2011
“Jeanne is not only a truly creative designer and orginal thinker, she is someone you can count on through the “thick and thin” of production. She has formidable time-management and people skills. Her energy and humor will keep any production humming.”
Anezka Sebek, Director, Parsons The New School for Design October 12, 2011
“Jeanne is very passionate and professional about her work, sharing new ideas and mentoring co-workers. She is detail-oriented and analytical, good at preventing fires and ferreting out the root of an existing problem. Highly recommended!”
Stephen R. Staley, Digital Processing Lead, Lifetouch NSS June 16, 2011
Download a Copy HERE.